Keep in mind that some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase I will earn a commission. Keep in mind that I link these companies and their products because of their quality and not because of the commission I receive from your purchases. The decision is yours, and whether or not you decide to buy something is completely up to you.
- 4 tbsp Stone Ground Mustard
- 1 tsp Oregeno
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 1 pinch Cayenne
- 3 cloves Crushed Garlic
- 1 tbsp Avocado Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 4 Lamb Chops
- Fresh Parsley for garnish
- Mix all the ingredients for marinade.
- Coat lamb chops in a dish and cover.
- Put in the fridge for 1 hour and allow the marinade to work its magic.
- After marinating, place on counter to bring the lamb chops to room temperature.
- Heat a medium sized skillet, with avocado oil, to medium heat.
- Sear the lamb chop on both sides, 2-4 minutes per side.
- Let meat rest for 5 minutes.
- Medium rare should be internal temp of 135 degrees.
- Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired.
Lamb chops are not something we normally would try to make at home but as we were searching recipes for something new, it kept popping up. Initially, we were a little intimidated with making them in our own kitchen. It turns out though, they are not that difficult to make and they are delicious.
Cooking a lamb chop is pretty basic. Get the pan nice and hot before searing them on both sides for just a couple of minutes. They are best done at medium rare and honestly just melt in your mouth.
As we are looking for healthier options in our diet, we found that lamb is really very good for you. Healthline has a great write up about lamb, if you are interested in learning more about the benefits.
The fun part of cooking, for us, is finding the right flavor to add to the meat. Mustard seemed to be pretty common so we added our own flare to this recipe and love the way the mustard has a bit of heat and is also somewhat savory.
In the past, lamb chops were something I would walk right by. But now, we will be adding them to our rotation! It will be fun to experiment with flavors and we will enjoy it immensly.
If you are looking for a side dish to enjoy with your lamb chops, be sure to check out our Roasted Grapes and Brussel Sprouts recipe. It is a meal we love very much. The flavors work very well with each other. It is a light but filling meal and we think many would enjoy this pairing.