Keep in mind that some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase I will earn a commission. Keep in mind that I link these companies and their products because of their quality and not because of the commission I receive from your purchases. The decision is yours, and whether or not you decide to buy something is completely up to you.
Orange Roll Recipe
- 4 1/2 tsp yeast 2 packages
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 medium eggs
- 3/4 cup warm milk
- 1/4 cup orange juice fresh is best
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 Tbsp orange rind
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 5 cups flour
- For Glaze
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 Tbsp orange juice
- 1 Tbsp orange rind
- Add all ingredients, except the three or the glaze, to a stand mixer.
- Mix on low speed until a soft dough forms.
- Sprinkle flour on a rolling surface.
- Roll out the dough into a rectangle. The dough should be a 1/2 inch thick.
- Spread warm butter over the entire rectangle of dough.
- Fold the dough in half.
- Cut the dough into 12 slices.
- Tie each slice into a knot and place in a 9×9 glass Pyrex pan.
- Cover the knots and let rise 1 hour in a warm place. The dough should double in size.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 20 minutes. The knots should be golden brown.
- Mix together the confectioners sugar, orange juice and rind. Using a whisk to make a nice glaze.
- Spread the glaze over the tops of the warm orange rolls.
- Serve and enjoy!