Keep in mind that some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase I will earn a commission. Keep in mind that I link these companies and their products because of their quality and not because of the commission I receive from your purchases. The decision is yours, and whether or not you decide to buy something is completely up to you.
Apple Pie Recipe
- 8 medium Apples I prefer Mcintosh
- 1/2 cup White sugar
- 1/2 cup Light brown sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp Cloves
- 2 crust Top and Bottom Crust
- 5-6 Pats Butter
- Peel and slice your apples into a large mixing bowl.
- Mix 1/2 C white sugar, 1/2 C light brown sugar, 1 tsp. cinnamon, 1/4 tsp nutmeg and 1/8 tsp cloves in separate mixing bowl.
- Cover the apples with the sugar and spice mix. Stir it around to cover all apples.
- Refrigerate the apple and sugar mixture while you prepare your bottom pie crust.
- Place the apples in the bottom pie crust. Do NOT pour all the juice into the pie or you will end up with a soggy bottom.
- Add 5 or 6 pats of butter on top of the apples.
- Cover the apples with the top pie crust.
- Trim the edges of the dough.
- Fold the top crust under the bottom crust and flute the edges all the way around the pie.
- Vent the top crust by pricking with a fork several times all over the top crust.
- Bake the pie in a 425 degree oven for 25 minutes.
- Turn the oven back to 350 degrees and bake an additional 30 minutes.